Careers at Farebrother
The success of our business depends on the talent, commitment and knowledge of our people, and the relationships that they build internally and externally.
Joining Farebrother, you will work with some of the most experienced and respected property experts in London. We identify and develop future leaders – people who can work closely with our partners and strengthen the culture and values that have defined our brand for more than two hundred years. We set the highest ethical and professional standards in our industry, and seek specialists who will enhance our five prac6ce areas and make a difference at all levels.
A career at Farebrother will be demanding and rewarding in equal measure. You will be part of a brand with a distinguished history, a practice that will bring out the very best in those with the determination and skills to add to the Farebrother success story.
Central London investment, RICS qualified,agent with 3+ years transactional experience, likely to be a Senior Surveyor ready to make the move up to Associate. To work alongside an established team of 4 consisting of Equity Partner, Partner, Associate and Graduate Surveyor.
Should demonstrate the following abilities:
- Assist in disposal work
- Introduce, underwrite and transact on suitable investment and development opportunities to new and existing clients of the practice
- Undertake detailed financial appraisals using Excel or Argus
- Advise new and existing clients with asset management, disposal or refurbishment / redevelopment options
- Ensure effective pre-sale due diligence, reporting and transaction management, working professionally alongside any third-party advisors for clients on acquisitions or disposals
- Maintain and enhance their established network of appropriate key agent and client contacts
- Support the head of investment and investment colleagues
- Liaise with colleagues in the agency, retail, management and lease advisory team at Farebrother and USP to support their transactional activity and to monitor potential investment opportunities.
- Liaising with CORFAC and other affiliate companies to provide full range of services
- Collation and reporting of transactional information for the Midtown market
- Presenting quarterly research and presentation to core clients
- Assisting with the management of graduate surveyors in the investment team and supporting the RICS training of all graduate surveyors across the practice
Sarah Hilton (Sarah.Hilton@farebrother.com)
Farebrother are looking to recruit ambitious individuals in to the Lease Advisory area of the Transactions Team. Ideally looking for two candidates at Partner/Associate Partner and Surveyor/Senior Surveyor level to join the team and deal with an existing caseload of office, retail and valuation instructions.
Working alongside a partner within the wider transactions team the role is focused upon dealing with a number of instructions and seeing projects through to completion. There will also be the opportunity to process and develop your own caseload. Typical instructions include rent reviews, lease renewals (including preparing Expert Witness Reports for third party proceedings), lease regears and restructures and valuation work. This is a proactive role for an ambitious individual who wants the opportunity to progress in a dynamic and ambitious company.
The Farebrother Transactions team is a collaborative environment and the candidate would be expected to work alongside the existing Agency and Investment Teams and provide Lease Advisory expertise as required.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Take on an existing caseload of office and retail lease advisory instructions and deal with these in a professional and timely manner
- Contribute to the fee income of the Lease Advisory area of the business
- Work to deadlines to ensure that the quality of service expected by Farebrother’s clients is met
- Provision of sound and profitable advice and transactions to existing and new clients
- Be alive to new business opportunities and be proactive in their approach to business development and networking across the business, with clients and leveraging existing relationships with local stakeholder organisations
- Work collaboratively across the Farebrother business and provide Lease Advisory assistance as required
- Be a Self-Starter who can work on their own initiative
- Have a strong desire to succeed and to build individual knowledge and expertise within a specific market
- Likely to have 5+ years’ experience in lease advisory (3+ for more junior role)
- Preferable to have Central London office and retail lease advisory but will consider individuals demonstrating the desire to join an ambitious firm in the Central London market
- Education to degree level and MRICS
- RICS Registered Valuer would be an advantage
- Self-motivated: ability to work as part of a team and also on their own initiative
- Accurate and with good attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Sarah Hilton (Sarah.Hilton@farebrother.com)