Careers at Farebrother
The success of our business depends on the talent, commitment and knowledge of our people, and the relationships that they build internally and externally.
Joining Farebrother, you will work with some of the most experienced and respected property experts in London. We identify and develop future leaders – people who can work closely with our partners and strengthen the culture and values that have defined our brand for more than two hundred years. We set the highest ethical and professional standards in our industry, and seek specialists who will enhance our five practice areas and make a difference at all levels.
A career at Farebrother will be demanding and rewarding in equal measure. You will be part of a brand with a distinguished history, a practice that will bring out the very best in those with the determination and skills to add to the Farebrother success story.
Farebrother are looking to recruit an ambitious individual in to the Lease Advisory area of the Transactions Team. Ideally we’re looking for a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor to join the team and deal with an existing caseload of office, retail and valuation instructions.
Working alongside a partner within the wider transactions team the role is focused upon dealing with a number of instructions and seeing projects through to completion. There will also be the opportunity to process and develop your own caseload. Typical instructions include rent reviews, lease renewals (including preparing Expert Witness Reports for third party proceedings), lease regears and restructures and valuation work. This is a proactive role for an ambitious individual who wants the opportunity to progress in a dynamic and ambitious company.
The Farebrother Transactions team is a collaborative environment and the candidate would be expected to work alongside the existing Agency and Investment Teams and provide Lease Advisory expertise as required.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Take on an existing caseload of office and retail lease advisory instructions and deal with these in a professional and timely manner
- Contribute to the fee income of the Lease Advisory area of the business
- Work to deadlines to ensure that the quality of service expected by Farebrother’s clients is met
- Provision of sound and profitable advice and transactions to existing and new clients
- Be alive to new business opportunities and be proactive in their approach to business development and networking across the business, with clients and leveraging existing relationships with local stakeholder organisations
- Work collaboratively across the Farebrother business and provide Lease Advisory assistance as required
- Be a Self-Starter who can work on their own initiative
- Have a strong desire to succeed and to build individual knowledge and expertise within a specific market
- Likely to have 3+ years’ experience in lease advisory
- Preferable to have Central London office and retail lease advisory but will consider individuals demonstrating the desire to join an ambitious firm in the Central London market
- Education to degree level and MRICS
- RICS Registered Valuer would be an advantage
- Self-motivated: ability to work as part of a team and also on their own initiative
- Accurate and with good attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Sarah Hilton (Sarah.Hilton@farebrother.com)
Farebrother is committed to protecting the privacy and security of employees' personal information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about employees during and after their working relationship with Farebrother, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It applies to all employees, workers and contractors.
To view the full privacy notice see the document here.