Careers at Farebrother
The success of our business depends on the talent, commitment and knowledge of our people, and the relationships that they build internally and externally.
Joining Farebrother, you will work with some of the most experienced and respected property experts in London. We identify and develop future leaders – people who can work closely with our partners and strengthen the culture and values that have defined our brand for more than two hundred years. We set the highest ethical and professional standards in our industry, and seek specialists who will enhance our five prac6ce areas and make a difference at all levels.
A career at Farebrother will be demanding and rewarding in equal measure. You will be part of a brand with a distinguished history, a practice that will bring out the very best in those with the determination and skills to add to the Farebrother success story.
Farebrother are looking to recruit ambitious individuals in to the Lease Advisory area of the Transactions Team. Ideally looking for two candidates at Partner/Associate Partner and Surveyor/Senior Surveyor level to join the team and deal with an existing caseload of office, retail and valuation instructions.
Working alongside a partner within the wider transactions team the role is focused upon dealing with a number of instructions and seeing projects through to completion. There will also be the opportunity to process and develop your own caseload. Typical instructions include rent reviews, lease renewals (including preparing Expert Witness Reports for third party proceedings), lease regears and restructures and valuation work. This is a proactive role for an ambitious individual who wants the opportunity to progress in a dynamic and ambitious company.
The Farebrother Transactions team is a collaborative environment and the candidate would be expected to work alongside the existing Agency and Investment Teams and provide Lease Advisory expertise as required.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Take on an existing caseload of office and retail lease advisory instructions and deal with these in a professional and timely manner
- Contribute to the fee income of the Lease Advisory area of the business
- Work to deadlines to ensure that the quality of service expected by Farebrother’s clients is met
- Provision of sound and profitable advice and transactions to existing and new clients
- Be alive to new business opportunities and be proactive in their approach to business development and networking across the business, with clients and leveraging existing relationships with local stakeholder organisations
- Work collaboratively across the Farebrother business and provide Lease Advisory assistance as required
- Be a Self-Starter who can work on their own initiative
- Have a strong desire to succeed and to build individual knowledge and expertise within a specific market
- Likely to have 5+ years’ experience in lease advisory (3+ for more junior role)
- Preferable to have Central London office and retail lease advisory but will consider individuals demonstrating the desire to join an ambitious firm in the Central London market
- Education to degree level and MRICS
- RICS Registered Valuer would be an advantage
- Self-motivated: ability to work as part of a team and also on their own initiative
- Accurate and with good attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Sarah Hilton (Sarah.Hilton@farebrother.com)
Responsible to: Equity Partner (overseeing marketing & communications)
Role: To define and deliver against the Marketing Strategy and to feed into, support and co-ordinate the wider Communications activity for the Farebrother, Union Street Partners and other Joint Venture Brands.
Main Objectives & Responsibilities:
To carry out Farebrother, Union Street Partners and other Joint Venture communications and external messaging across the full marketing mix. Maintaining and growing the two brands’ online / digital presence.
Strategic Insight and Planning:
- Developing marketing strategy aligned to and supporting overall business plans and objectives
- Define the requirements and budget for marketing resource
- Continuous evaluation of strategy and targeting
- Developing new marketing initiatives including lead generation and alternative channels for raising the two firms’ profiles in their respective areas (South Bank and Midtown)
- Management of existing sponsorship opportunities and agreements, plus investigation of new opportunities for market exposure
- Competitor awareness and research where appropriate
- Service line marketing campaigns aligned with business objectives
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive CRM plan
- Brand Champion for Farebrother, Union Street Partners and Joint Venture businesses
- Managing the development of collateral for marketing breakfast briefings and research events
- Websites – Union Street Partners and Farebrother; maintaining, managing content, redevelopment, growth and modernisation to improve user experience
- Managing a third party in the design of:
- Advertising material
- Internal brochures and bulletins
- Invitation to tender responses, including pitch presentations and reports plus disposal campaigns (i.e sales brochures)
- General ad hoc presentation material
- Advertising – investigating appropriate channels according to Farebrother PR and other marketing activities
- Promoting / marketing events, working closely with event manager.
- Responsible for the efficacy of CRM activity
- Development and growth of Social Media platforms
- Managing all digital channels and platforms including website, social media and investigate new channels
- Event management – development and co-ordination of all Farebrother client related events
Overarching Communications Co-ordinator:
- Co-ordinating marketing budget of circa £300k
- Regular contact with external agencies, including designers and web developers
- Hold / chair regular communications meetings with the communications team (CRM, Research, Marketing and PR)
- Coordination, production, design and copywriting for marketing collateral – online or offline
- PR / Media Releases – work with / liaise with external PR contact ensuring all assets / branding are available on request (photos, logos etc.)
- Supporting CRM with marketing initiatives
- Research – to support the research function with marketing material, designing reports etc
- To undertake additional marketing tasks as requested by the business
- To make a positive contribution to broadening Farebrother, Union Street Partners and all Joint Venture client base.
- To make a positive contribution to increasing revenue from existing clients.
- To track the link between marketing activities and the calibre of our prospect lists
- To increase brand and service line awareness
Key Marketing / Client touch points
- Marketing Quarterly Midtown & South Bank Research & Breakfast Briefings
- Websites (Union Street Partners, Farebrother, 10bridges, Farebrother Street Guide)
- Advertising (Online and Print)
- Marketing events
- CRM / contacts database
- Service line marketing campaigns
- Pitches and presentations
- Social Media platforms
Key required skills
Proven experience in a marketing role, ideally but not essentially, within the property or professional services sector
A high standard of written English
The ability to meet deadlines
Attention to detail
Able to work within and oversee a team
Good internal and external communications skills
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator) skills
HTML, web-publishing and CMS skills
Strong working knowledge of Social Media
Sarah Hilton (Sarah.Hilton@farebrother.com)