We Are Hiring - Lease Advisory / Asset Management
Lease Advisory/Asset Management – Senior Surveyor/Associate Partner
We want an experienced and ambitious individual to join our multi-skilled and market-facing team. We operate as a single team, bringing whatever skills and insight are required to the job at hand.
We work mainly across Central London but as clients and opportunities present themselves, we will go elsewhere in the UK and would expect the successful candidate to welcome (and enjoy) that.
The successful candidate will have excellent and immediate career development opportunities, working across a diverse range of instructions, reporting directly to occupiers, property companies, funds, international investors and charities. Whilst we are clearly seeking a degree of specialism and experience, the successful candidate will have a wide remit, sometimes leading instructions, other times working alongside or supporting investment purchases, leasing/asset management campaigns etc.
Our Joint Venture Network
In April 2014 we launched Union Street Partners, with Tuckerman. USP has become the market-leading South Bank/South London specialist with an office in Borough Market by London Bridge and seven full-time staff. Farebrother do not operate south of the River Thames, USP is our dedicated South Bank business. Everyone at Farebrother supports USP, some with regular days in that office.
The role we are seeking to fill has no geographical borders and our successful candidate will embrace a multi-office way of working; the individual will have a client list across both firms.
We are also JV owner/investors in:-
Tandem Property Asset Management
Sq One Real Estate (Residential and Mixed-Use Consultancy)
This network of industry recognised specialists gives everyone at Farebrother diverse sector knowledge.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a Chartered Surveyor but we will not exclude other candidates whose experience may negate not being MRICS
- Have at least three/four years of full-time experience, preferably in a Lease Advisory position and/or Asset Management, with detailed technical knowledge, i.e. current legislation
- Be used to both utilising but also contributing to, highly detailed property research
- Demonstrate experience in a range of work and sectors, with high-quality report writing as a key skill
- Be used to working to deadlines and able to close out negotiations
- Be happy using their own initiative, whilst always having the support of a tight team around them
- Possibly be working in a Central London focused role BUT we would love to meet anyone from a different background, who can bring sector and specialism knowledge, we will provide deep and historic market knowledge to support them
Salary, Benefits, Package
- Salary will be competitive and based on experience but also to reflect the wide-ranging role
- Performance-related bonus, based on the individual but primarily the firm’s performance
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loan
- Professional Subscription (i.e. MRICS) paid by the firm
We want our colleagues to learn new skills, broaden their view of the market and we always advocate external training/education opportunities.
We are true local stakeholders, involved with many community organisations and we want all of our team to enjoy looking beyond their day-to-day role.
We have regular social and sporting events, but new ideas and experiences are actively encouraged!
Working within a small, tight team and across a range of work, you will not have one single Partner as Line Manager but instead, work with all five owning Partners and therefore your career progression at Farebrother will be supported by the whole firm with multiple mentors.
To apply please send a copy of your CV to Jules Hind at firstname.lastname@example.org